Resources For Children
Children have a variety of mental health needs and there are many websites and books available to assist in increasing knowledge and providing recommendations. Our local bookstore, Bramble Books, has been very willing to order books.
- www.nctsn.org NCTSN (National Child Trauma Network) offers information and resources for trauma related topics.
- www.nimh.nih.gov (National Institute of Mental Health) offers featured publications, current science and research, resources and information related to children’s issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and suicide prevention as well as others.
- www.mayoclinic.com offers current information on children’s issues.
- www.wifamilyties.org Family Ties is a state-wide nonprofit organization providing advocacy, support groups, information and referral and education for families of children with emotional, behavioral, mental and substance abuse disorders.
Recommended reading: See also recommendations under the parenting tab and the recommended reading list regarding child development at www.zfive.org.
- Nobody’s Perfect by Ellen Flanagan Burns
- Earthlight, New Meditations for Children by Maureen Garth
- The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper, Doris Hauman
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day by Judity Viorst